I am in the process of building a robot that will carry your Android phone and allow network control.
- Robot Base: Vex Robotics. It's a no brainer for us programmers. Everything was designed to fit nicely and put together without any additional tools. This will provide the chassis, wheels, motors, etc.\
- Micro-controller: Arduino ADK compatible board(e.g. Mega 2560 + USB Shield). The micro-controller will be used to control the motors and receive information from the Brain.
- Brain: Android Phone/Raspberry Pi running Android and working sensors. This will be the brain that process the inputs from the web. The brain will include an autonomous mode.
- Remote Control: a server keeps track of robots that are online and deliver information to connected clients.
- Direct Control: an Android app that sits on the Android phone to receive commands or perform manual controls.
- Sensors: in addition to the sensors on the phone (e.g. GPS), there may be ultra sonic sensors, bumpers, etc. for autonomous movements.
- Deliver movement instructions.
- Start camera on the phone and take a picture of the surrounding. (360 Photosphere?)
- Video conference.
- Use OpenCV to find certain objects.
- Movement tracking.
- Voice command.
- Remote Locking.
- Environment feedback.
- Maybe add a USB rocket launcher? :) ....Move around to find a face, lure it into a hit zone, and then launch a rocket that is set somewhere else. (Inspired by my battlefield 3 gadgets)