My Android Book
I think I'm going to start an Android tutorial book! Having done many Android apps already and getting into iOS, I wish to document and share some of the android tutorials in the simplest way possible for beginners to get started on their app. This will complement the documents on Android SDK site and provide some more up to date examples. This tutorial collection will assume that you have basic understanding of Java.
This book is expected to be done by the end of the summer.
Topics here will be in the order of concepts that built on the previous concepts. These are the fundamental concepts in Android that you have to understand no matter what you are building.
- Pre Android: What do you want? Is Android right for you? What defines a "good app"?
- Hello Android: first steps to start on Android development and create your first project.
- Let's create your first project, a note taking app.
- Let's put the note app to the cloud.
Topics here will be in no particular order and they are to illustrate some of the important packages in SDK. Depending on your application, you won't need to look at all the ones here.
- Custom Views: where things get pretty.
- Debugging using outputs
- Unit Testing
- Android for iOS developers.